Sunday 29 May 2011

Hello World

Greetings to the world...! I have finally succumbed to blogging. To think it must have been almost a decade when it was such a fad to blog. Why now? you may ask or i should ask myself..aren't Facebook or Tweeter enough for expressions of narcissism and blabber. I haven't quite a clue to be honest, apart from wanting to share my thoughts and knowledge, and in the process create some innate sense of balance for myself.

Well, many like to profess they are simple people, for instance "I am a simple man". For me i have no qualms about saying i am a rather complex person but with simple loves. Now why complex..You see, I was an art student trained in graphic design who grew up as a boy wanting to be an architect but spent my youth indulging in history and literature for leisure, thinking i would end up in journalism, got into brand & marketing as a career, took up business studies and these days aspire mostly to be a gardener and a master brewer. It's really complicated to have gone through such an evolution, a sort of metamorphosis. This can simply be summed up by any average adult who would quickly dismiss it.. "Poor fella doesn't seem to know what he wants." Now let me tell you it hasn't been easy. Yes i happen to be born under the zodiac of Gemini with my ascendant in Virgo.

My entire twenties was squandered, spent living under a great fog. In a fog. Like some ship without a rudder, i was some kind of Chinese junk boat on a cruise to nowhere, without so much as a plan. I lived for spontaneity, for variety and new experiences, and to some extent, i was dangerously consumed by consumerism which seemed to be rampantly widespread among people of my generation. Retail was therapy as much as indulging in good food, booze and loads of CDs. Boy i sure am glad Mp3s and Youtube came along to save my doggone soul. I was a pleasure seeker, a hipster-wannabe, poseur and quite a hedonistic bastard, perhaps i still am but i have learned to live with very little. To live with very little and to naturally distinguish what's a need and a want is absolutely a blessing. Today i like to think of myself as The Black Pearl sailing for some Land-Hos ahead for unknown treasure of great spiritual fulfillment. Alas at age 32, far from being a boy and not quite an old man, i have finally come to some hard decisions after years of soul searching and seeking, having traveled widely and chipping away at logs and blocks as a salary man to have arrived here. To finally know it is wise to choose. Wise to choose less,Wiser to choose one. But being the greedy man that i am, i just can't stop at one..and so i must fuse. Harness the key elements of my loves, ethos and beliefs. Streamline them.

Garden at The Alhambra, Granada-Spain





















Landscape Design ( which incorporates drawing, design, horticulture, botany, geography, psychology, sociology and engineering) - Meets my love for nature, as well as an unwavering interest in people's sensory experience and relationship with their environments.



Trappist Monk brewing up a funk...

















Beer Brewing ( which involves chemistry, agriculture, culinary arts & sciences)- Meets my Dionysian- Bacchus spirit, the insatiable thirst for good beverages, a well defined epicurean palette and love for good taste, divine flavors. A nose for ingredients and madness to experiment. Pairing... And i love to get high and take others there too!












Here's an interpretation combining the best of both worlds.

Beer Garden, in not Germany! but in Breitbach County- Iowa, USA



















To find what we love, turn them into a passion- and TALK about them with zeal and gusto! It's gonna be a damn good life..now let's go LIVE it!


No comments:

Post a Comment